Alternative Wedding Cakes
I know that for many couples the wedding cake is simply a ‘tick in the box’ purchase. For us, we have saved this process by creating a ‘cake table’ and asking some of our nearest and dearest to bake up a storm. Yum!
There are many creative alternatives to the traditional wedding cake and I wanted to share with you a few ideas.
- Create a doughnut table - Dove and Sparrow via Style Me Pretty
- Rice Krispie Cake - Lucinda Photography via The Knot
- Ice Sculpture with jagermeister - photo jenic via subzeroicesculptures.co.uk
- Profiteroles - Ben the Cake Maker via You & Your Wedding
- Pizza Cake - Staggered.com (no surprises that this website is aimed at the grooms!)
- Marshmallows dipped in chocolate - Jackiefo.blogspot.co.uk
- Macaroons - besosdesigns.blogspot.com
- Pancake Stacks - Once Wed
Organising the food is one of the most favourite parts of my W-day. In fact, its one of my favourite parts of everyday. Some wedding cakes are pieces of art - you only have to watch ‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding’ to realise some of the grandiose designs cake designers come up with.
If I’m truly honest though, the Victoria sponge is my desired cake; simple and tasty. Nom, nom, nom!
Photo Credit: Wedding Bee